Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Saturday, February 18, 2017

flash back friday 4

Flash back Friday 

Here is another project from 2013, for Imaginarium Designs
I have used purple here as my theme to 
match the dress on my daughter.
You either love or hate purple, me I love it, used 
properly Purple really pops!



The chipboard here is painted with a metallic 
crackle medium over top of white gesso.


The Butterfly is painted with white gesso, and then 
inked gently around the edges. Then 
I have covered the surface with Dimensional magic
and a light sprinkle of white glitter to enhance 
the colour.
I have also added rhinestone flourishes to the background
and painted them white along with all of 
the other textures. I just love this 
technique and it uses up old rhinestone elements
that are horrible colours.


The background has texture paste applied over it and then
painted with white gesso before spraying with 
purple and green spray inks.


I have added touches of crackle medium to the background too.
This is highlighted when you add the sprays.

Again this layout has stood the test of time 
and I still use it in displays, it shows 
what a great textured background can do 
to set up the rest of the page.

By adding gesso to other elements on the page
it has a seamless look 

Happy Crafting 
From Sue Smyth 





No comments:

Post a Comment