Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Sunday, February 5, 2017

flash back friday 2

Flash Back Friday 


This is my favourite layout, perhaps that I have 
ever done. Probably because it includes my young children.
But also because it involves some of my fav 
mixed media techniques too. This layout is 
one of the first I did for Imaginarium Designs in 2013 


I have used lots of chipboard feathers and natural 
elements, leaves thistles and flowers


The peacock feather is painted brown here
and micro beads have been layered over top.


The two tone title is simply
chipboard painted brown with ink or paint
then blend in white gesso across the top to 
give an ombre look


Here is the best part, egg shell adhered straight 
to the page with gel medium.
When dry paint with white gesso and then
spray the colours you like.
Add speckles and flicks of paint for 
an birds egg look.
This layout has a timeless look, I still love it today
and I still use it in my displays,because
it outlines the best of what 
mixed media can be.

Happy Crafting 
from Sue 

No comments:

Post a Comment