Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Monday, October 17, 2016

Boy stuff


Boys Stuff
By Sue Smyth 

Hi Bloggers 
Today I am sharing the layout I did for the boy challenge on the Imaginarium blog 

My boy layout is based on a Wordle, kind of a puzzle with words as the background


I have used left over alphas to create a series
or words that reflect boys, and adhered them to basic cardstock


Then I have painted with gesso
and sprayed with Lindys stamp gang sprays for colour



for the cogs I have spray painted black with a can of matt spray paint,
 then added mini art stones with dimensional magic
 and rubbed over with copper and green inka gold



I have added smaller words, that have been spray painted matt black



here the corner is embossed with 
Stampendous aged copper..perfect for this look



the black and white butterflies help soften
 the look and add a natural element to contrast with the cogs and metal



I have cut several trinkets in half and layered above and below the photo



add a few trinkets, the branches help soften the look of the layout

Happy Crafting all 






No comments:

Post a Comment