Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Thursday, December 10, 2015

couture creations blog 1


Christmas Joy Deer 
Centrepiece 
by Sue Smyth


With the Christmas season upon us, it is always great
to be able to whip up a last minute gift or decoration.
I had this MDF deer  in my stash for over a year and decided
this was the time to use it. 



Of course dies makes this a snap to do.


Add a little bit of glitter and snow and you have 
a winter wonderland


I have used some of our new glitter paper to add some
bling to the project.


I have also used our new pearl medium to 
add lustre and shine to the snowflake.


The first thing to do is paint the MDF shape with gesso 
as an undercoat. Ink the edges with a brown ink to give definition.


Next cover the Deer with dimensional magic or glue.


Sprinkle with white glitter and allow to dry


Cut 6 trees and adhere together, offset some of them to make them
resemble 2 trees behind each other.


Decorate with pearl medium for shine and dimension


Die cut Joy from red glitter paper, then cut the background
die from white cardstock, adhere both together and place over
the deer.


Add pearls for the eyes and also on the rump for spots.
Continue to decorate the base with trees and other
 die cut shapes as pictured.
Die cut the tall flourish and cut up to decorate around the base.


Couture Creations materials




Happy Crafting 


No comments:

Post a Comment