Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Friday, May 1, 2015

Megs Garden


A Beautiful Garden 
by Sue Smyth 




The gorgeous papers from the Forgotten Meadows range
inspired me to create this layout. The photo is of my Great Grandmothers sister
in her garden in Victoria.


I have fussy cut the wisteria and adhered it 
across the bottom of the layout with 3 D foam tape.



A nice close up of flowers with gesso and spray ink.
I like to take the straw out of the bottle and dab
it around the middle stamens for a darker centre 


Add a little soft teased muslin for an old world look


I just love metal trinket, this one I have dry brushed with gesso. 
Add a pearl and surround with 2mm gems, to create
a piece of jewelry to adorn the page.


I have created a paper cameo, by die cutting floral images
from the papers. Then cup them with 
a stylus and a mouse pad to give 
a neat curve.



Adhere to the layout with 3 D foam tape. Then
snip a pearl strip up in twos and adhere 
around the oval with gel glue.
Yes this takes a while with a pointy tool, but it is the last
detail I do on a layout and I kind of like the 
meditative value of it lol


Emboss chipboard with gold embossing powder and I like
how I could add the letter A into the metal book plate.


Often I don't have the right word in chipboard, or the room
to put one. My favourite solution
is to whip out my mini alphabet stamps
and make a little scroll  


Flowers pearls and cameos, what better way to celebrate 
a forgotten garden photo

Megs Garden Materials




Happy Crafting 

Sue Smyth 

No comments:

Post a Comment