Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Megs Garden


Meg's Garden 
CSI case No 128
By Sue Smyth 
This layout is inspired by a layout I saw some years ago, using a large tear in the paper. I have kept it in the back of my mind as a neat way to start a layout. So when Case 128 came up, I \
knew Megs Garden correspondence papers would work well
with the idea and colours in the case.

Scheme
Purples, creams and greens are some of my favourite colours and suit heritage photos 
so well. I have used all of the colours in the scheme and matched them with 
sepia vintage photo  

Evidence
Some of the Evidence I have used is 
numbers, door, flowers, berries, beads, pearls, ribbon bow, frame, metal, punches, pastels 
Testimony 
The testimony I have used is the Door entrance theme, as in to a new life for 
this couple, with the pages of their life/papers rolled back to reveal them
and the words Memory Lane is inspired by the word Walk.



The berries are made with cotton buds, with dimensional magic coated over 
the top, dip them in micro beads and allow to dry.
Then paint with gesso and spray with a pomegranate mist. 
Snip off and adhere as a berry, I think they
look awesome.


The Dodo vine is altered, by painting with gesso, either spray or just 
with a brush. Allow to dry and spray with
adhesive, roll in white glitter.
This will make sparkly vines, you can
gently wind them around a skewer to 
enhance the tendril shape. Snip onto pieces
to use on the layout.


Soften the edges with random punching with lacy border\
punches and blend Distress inks over the edge.
Add a cute little tassel for a 
really vintage look.

Megs Garden materials List 






Happy Crafting 




1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS ON YOUR PAGE BEING FEATURED AT CSI :) LOVELY PAGE

    ReplyDelete