Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Megs Garden Fairy Spotters Journal


Fairy Spotters Journal  
By Sue Smyth 


Do you believe in Faries at the bottom of Garden?
This cute little journal is just perfect for those who believe.
I plan on giving this to a young lady who is collecting 
photos and cards of fairies.


I have started with a plain mini album 
and carefully cut an oval from the front cover.
Then just cover with Damask Garden papers, I like 
to use Gel medium to adhere the papers down securely.
Dry brush the edges with gesso and spritz with a contrasting glimmer mist.


I have added a Megs Garden chipboard frame.
First I have painted it with Gesso, several coats
gives a good finish.
Then I stamped Sepia archival ink with a 
text stamp all over the surface.
When dry cover with Dimensional Magic and sprinkle
a small amount of white glitter.


I have altered the gorgeous azalea flower, spray it with water
then either spritz carefully in the centre or 
do as I do, use a pipette to drop a small amount spray ink into the center.
The wet flower then wicks the colour out from the center
for a neat natural look.

When dry spray with spray adhesive 
and sprinkle with a little white glitter.


I have covered each of the panels inside the album with 
papers from the Damask Garden set.
Then matt fairy panels with Kraft cardstock and 
adhere to each panel 


Make sure you include some of the poems in the Fairy panels

Megs Garden Materials 

Added Materials 
Imaginarium wrought fencing
fancy brads 
extra flowers 
pearls and pearl brad
Kraft cardstock
Chipboard album 

Happy Crafting 



No comments:

Post a Comment