Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Meg's Garden

Garden of Dreams 
By Sue Smyth 

Hello bloggers, this is my first post as a Meg's Garden design team
member. I am so thrilled to be here and those that know me
will know I love flowers and frills, so I should be right at
home. 


I loved the iron fencing on this paper and thought straight away of a garden
with a fairy in it. Of course the photo is of  my daughter, now a lot older, but still
she was my little fairy back then.

To start with I have fussy cut the gate and layered over the top of the 
image on the bottom. This way I could make the gate
seem a little further up the page.

I love to alter papers, even when they are as nice the Damask Garden Collection.
I have splattered a little purple Glimmer mist and White dylusions over the surface 
to add depth to the background.

I love to coil the wire on paper roses and dab them with 
a little gesso to soften the look.


I have cut out the striped flowers in the Damask labels. I like to roughly
cut them out first, then use a dry glue stick to adhere
the shape to smooth white cardstock.

Then I fussy cut the image, this makes the element sturdy and 
you can attach it to your layout with less 3 D foam tape.
Ink the edges with black ink to disguise the white card on the sides.
I have done this for the vines at the top right of the 
layout too.


I have sprayed the chipboard gate with black spray paint, then covered with Dimensional magic
while wet I added micro beads. Allow to dry, then
swipe with gesso to bring up the texture of the micro beads

I have trimmed the tassels of the band and adhered them to the rail of 
the gate. 

Meg's Garden Products 

Other items
Imaginarium Designs Edward Relief Door Chipboard
Intricutz Sophia Mimi dies
pearls & lace 
Glimmer mists and black ink
Muslin and gesso

Happy Crafting 
Cheers Sue 

No comments:

Post a Comment