Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Christmas Dome





Christmas Dome 
by Sue Smyth 

A family heirloom 
I only have one project for you this month, but I think you
will agree it has lots to interest you. 


This is a special project,that started back in June when 
I saw Jane's Dome at the
Brisbane Scrapbook and Paper craft Expo.
  I quickly saw a Christmas version in my head and just
had to do it.

Then I had to wait until Graphic 45 released their 12 days of Christmas papers.
 and with a little help from a friend, I grabbed some as early as 
I could, to get started.

Next I had to find the time, there are 8 sections to this dome, and I wanted 
to decorate each one with a different Christmas theme. So
I sat down with a pencil and sketched up each
of the rooms with the ideas I had in my head.

Next, print off lots of photos, small, large and medium (of course I have loads left over too)
and then to allocate them to the themed rooms I
had planned.



A little video of how it all works, sorry for the quality, but the best we 
could do at the time.


The glass and the dome all sit on a MDF box with turning table.
 All quite sturdy and 
so suitable for decorating. 

So here are some shots of the dome with out the glass
 so you can see 
the detail better
this is Christmas Past and Christmas Caroling

this is Santa's workshop and Baby's first Christmas
On to The land of sweets and A White Christmas.

The last is the Nutcracker and The Night Before Christmas 

Many of the elements I have saved away for years..
This is the Night before Christmas, all I need now
is a tiny little mouse. 

The Nutcracker
The Ballerina sits on a spring so she dances as the turn table 
moves around. You can just see it on the video.

Christmas Caroling 
Prima resin wings give the Graphic 45 Angel true dimension
I have strengthened all the papers with white card.
then fussy cut them. I am actually in that photo, many 
many many years ago, but you can hardly see me.
But I know I am there lol



This is my nieces and nephews, who are fully grown now and Christmas of the past,
 and peeking
through the door are my children as Christmas of the future 
Baby's first Christmas, say no more lol

Santa's Workshop, small people at work.

The land of Sweets, every year we do a candy table, so colourful
sweets are one of my kids favourite things.

And a White Christmas, complete with a North Pole, made from a 
drinking straw, white glitter and a sparkly bead. Of course
Tim Holtz Idea-olgy Woodland Trees fit beatutifully

Side on view

Another side on view.

 Chip board used 
Dome Kit ( contact Seriously Scrapbooking for a kit)
Graphic 45 12 days of Christmas and Nutcracker patterned papers
Snowflake punches and Martha Stewart picket fence punch
pearls, dimensional magic 
Glitter, gesso, white cardstock and lots of trinkets 
And lots of Imaginarium Chipboard
I am going to list as many as I can but 
If I miss some I am sorry there are so many. 


Hope you are inspired to make your
own family Heirloom.

And happy crafting
please leave a comment to go in the draw
for an Imaginarium prize!

No comments:

Post a Comment