Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Canvas Triptych


Canvas Triptych
by Sue Smyth 

Today I am sharing a Canvas Triptych, that I made about my children, conveniently I have 3 children so they fit nicely in this type of project


To start I have layered mesh,masking tape and chip boarders over the canvas. I have used 2 on the reversed and one normally. Apply tape to the edges of the reverse sides so the staples and wood do not show. Adhere the chip with gel medium or texture paste, and when dry coat with a rough coat
of gesso. I have attached strong ribbon to the top and base to form hinge .

Apply glimmer mist and paints of your choice to form the base on which you place chip and photos.

Dont be afraid to cut up the chipboard as I have done with the leaf flourish.

To create a birds Nest
twist wood fibre into a nest shape, 
spritz with Olive glimmer mist and a little Coffee shop glimmer mist
Dry brush with gesso on the top and heat with heat gun to dry
Not too much as it will burn,
Dab gesso over 2 cotton buds and spritz with Turquoise glimmer mist, 
allow to dry and snip off the tops.
mold a little with your fingers, and glue in place in the 
nest.


Spray with a combination of 3 mists, either Tattered Angels or Dylusions, allow to dry.
Dry brush edges of canvas with black gesso
Wipe gold paint over the raised areas for a touch of luxury and shine.


Emboss the frame with Stampendous Aged Gold embossing powder for a 
wonderful antique look


Enjoy the close ups 





Some of the Dusty Product used 

Vintage Frame

mini Ornate Gate #2

Flutterbies #3

Vintage Keys

Fancy Trim #4

Flourish #8

mini Picket Fence

Leafy Stem #4

1 comment: