Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Friday, August 24, 2012

Leave the Nest

I just love this photo of my children off to school, this was Bellamy's first day and they all look so young and fresh faced. I wanted to do something special with it, but it was the only photo I had, and also in Black & White as the uniform is a hard colour to work with. So I did a layout for Down Under Direct, and used the new Foliage 2 dies, which I just love and have used on every layout since getting them. I have also used Bitty Blossoms, which you can make up as a rose as normal, or by cutting them from brown cardstock and allowing them to spiral, down the skewer, you can make a neat pine cone. Just use hot glue to keep in place. Of course the kids are a lot older now, and looking back on photos like this are why we scrapbook lol

2 comments:

  1. fabulous layout Sue, love that photo too, so great to look back on those photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue - this is amazing! I love the details - the nest, feathers, pinecones and flowers. I also love the way you've used these to frame everything.

    ReplyDelete