Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Thursday, May 24, 2012

magic in the woods

This is a little different for me using a photo from nature, I usually like to do people, the last time we had loads of rain, (seems like we always have loads of rain) these wonderful mushrooms popped up in our local reserve, so here was my daughter and I out in the rain taking shots of them. They were quite large and very colourful. I finally used them in this layout inspired by my son's video game, I was walking past his room and it looked like a grotto on the screen and I thought that would make a lovely page, and of course the mushroom shots were the obvious choice then. I have used lots of spellbinder leaves,cut from lightweight chip, which I paint with white gesso and dab with distress ink, then emboss with UTEE, you can get many different effects this way, playing with the colours and how much you put on, you can use the inks, stains or even pens. I have such fun trying different ways of achieving that speckled and mottled effect.

1 comment:

  1. Very magical page, love the clusters around the photo, gorgeous details :)

    ReplyDelete