Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Friday, May 11, 2012

the Goddess

I finally finished a project that was a long time in the making, I love Off the page, and surrounding myself with inspiration and beautiful things,makes working in my workshop a joy. This not so little project, was a plastic torso that I had my husband cut up to form a bust. Then I have used Graphic 45 papers (and others) to paper the torso, the paper I used featured paintings of women by master artists, so I though it was appropriate to call this piece the goddess as one of the paintings on the paper, is Botticelli's Venus. The flowers are mulberry paper flowers, I love making them as they are so soft and almost luminous and great for off the page, as they can crush in an album easily. My husband made the iron stand, but you could just as well hang this on the wall, which I may do later

1 comment:

  1. wow this is so stunning, beautiful piece of art, that would look lovely on the wall too :)

    ReplyDelete