Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Friday, April 13, 2012

Dusty Attic peacock feathers

I don't usually do layouts of myself, but I really wanted to use the Dusty Attic peacock feathers, in a layout. My photo was the only one that seemed to suit. The combination of colours in my shirt, match the same colours in the feathers and the flowers. To colour the feathers, I have painted with gesso first, then tapped with distress ink(peeled paint and stormy sky) then I have applied versamark and clear embossing powder, heat set this and the colours swirl and mix, it is neat. then to give more colour the the top of the feather I have used lumieres and glitter. It is really up to you, you can use a combination of these techniques until you get the look you are after. The flowers are made from Maya Rd, taffeta ruffle ribbon, coil it up on a circle of cardstock, covered in double sided tape, then heat with the heat gun, the ruffles will curl up and look more like a flower this way.Hot glue some stamens or a centre, and all will keep in place nicely. You can also spritz it with a little glimmer mist.

5 comments:

  1. OMG Sue ... this is gorgeous! ... a visual feast!! LOL I'll have to get my hands on some of those feathers, they are divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow gorgeous delightful page, love that peacock feathers all stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful LO Sue, those peacock feathers are beautiful! that page is gorgeous, but everything you make is!! I wish I have your talent! lol
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you aught to do layouts more often! Gosh, your work is lovely Sue!! I just love what you've done with the Dusty Attic peacock feathers! WOW1!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is BEAUTIFUL!!! love everything about it. and you should scrapbook yourself more, give the kids some beautiful hand crafted by you memories to keep forever. make sure you do enough so they get one each though..... otherwise they'll be fighting over beautiful creations like this.
    ciao Kyra Patterson

    ReplyDelete