Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Friday, March 23, 2012

bicycle wheel

I promised some of you would share these photos of a recent project, and here it is I have recycled an old bicycle wheel, It did not cost me anything, but I did spray it with matt black paint and stamped the edges with gold paint, I have wound red fibres around the outer edge. once all that was done, I made some mulberry paper flowers to decorate the edge. They are my favourite thing at the moment, so easy to do as you can cut all the layers just about at once, then quickly insert a brad, spritz with water and scrunch up. dry them off with a heat gun and spritz with glimmer mists to alter the colour. cos lets face it mulberry paper, usually does not come in great colours. For the banner, I have glued old book pages to a stiff piece of cardstock(just join it to make a long scroll) with mod podge or gel medium. I have used Graphic 45 metal pegs but you could use wooden pegs and spray paint them black and smear them with gold paint. what I really like about this project is that you can change the photos anytime you want as the kids grow up. I have had all the photos printed in sepia to match the theme I used, but I can change them if I want. Luckily I found the stand at a cheap shop, but you can hang this on the wall too.

3 comments:

  1. This is fantastic Sue. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhhhh thats so clever ... very tactile and interactive ... I love that it is an object that we can all relate to personally! I only have 70 old bikes sitting in the shed just begging me to give this project a try LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Sue this is so inspirational, this would lovely on a wall, just joined your blog, thankyou for taking the time to look at my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete