Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc
The stamp resist method works really well with the large stamps from Stampendous, love the lacey look, and of course using lots of glimmer mists. Here I have made the flowers with Grand Peony, and spritzed it with Oriental poppy glimmer mists, the centre of the flowers are simply cotton buds, glimmer misted too and chopped off at the necks (poor things) and hot glued in place, sprinkle a bit of glitter and you have lovely dimensional flower. the other flowers are made from the floral doily accents and cardstock with a mix of old book pages, I love mixing the layers to create unique flowers. My daughter here has quite red hair, it is not really, it is actually more honey blonde, but my Scottish grandmother would be smiling right now, she always wanted a grandchild with red hair! Why I do not know!!!lol
I promised some of you would share these photos of a recent project, and here it is
I have recycled an old bicycle wheel, It did not cost me anything, but I did spray it with matt black paint and stamped the edges with gold paint, I have wound red fibres around the outer edge.
once all that was done, I made some mulberry paper flowers to decorate the edge.
They are my favourite thing at the moment, so easy to do as you can cut all the layers just about at once, then quickly insert a brad, spritz with water and scrunch up. dry them off with a heat gun and spritz with glimmer mists to alter the colour. cos lets face it mulberry paper, usually does not come in great colours.
For the banner, I have glued old book pages to a stiff piece of cardstock(just join it to make a long scroll) with mod podge or gel medium. I have used Graphic 45 metal pegs but you could use wooden pegs and spray paint them black and smear them with gold paint.
what I really like about this project is that you can change the photos anytime you want as the kids grow up. I have had all the photos printed in sepia to match the theme I used, but I can change them if I want. Luckily I found the stand at a cheap shop, but you can hang this on the wall too.
This week I am sharing a little treat I made a friend for her birthday, of course she loves frogs, of all types and colours. This is just an explosion box, you can find templates for them everywhere on the web. I have used the spellbinders new M-bossabilities folder flora to emboss the top and sides of the box, then rubbed on lots of Inka gold, (it comes in loads of colours)
The beautiful Waterlily is made by Spellbinders of course, the Anemone die, this would look really great in vellum too. I have just cut it out of white cardstock and added clear stickles to the edges. I think it really looks like a waterlily! and the lily pad is just a circle with a piece cut out of it and scored to look like a lily pad. I have used my favourite product here clear micro beads, around the edges of the lily pad, and on the froggy too. This theme would look great on a card too. hope you enjoy it and are inspired to make an explosion box next time you need to give a gift with something extra
This layout is a little different for me, look no flowers, but I have
wanted to scrap these photos,for a while. I love the look on number 2 sons face after he fell in, he was warned, only to end up soaking wet with a drowned MP3 player, which is what he is most upset about, that and his pride! At the moment I am experimenting with mulberry paper, an old product that has been discarded too early, i think. Now with a lot of new products like, gel medium and spellbinder dies, you can do so much with it. It is softer that cardstock, so makes wonderful flowers. Just have go, you will be surprised, and if the colour is awful, we now have a huge range of glimmer mists, that we didnt have the first time mulberry paper made its appearance. The glimmer mist, can give the mulberry paper, almost a translucent look, especially the lighter colours like lemon.
In this layout i have used micro beads too, as you all know I love them. Here I have sprinkled them in between the mulberry paper waves.
The gorgeous chip shape is from imaginarium, I have embossed it white, I love the plastic shiny look of embossing powder, far superior to just dimensional magic. hope you all go experiment with mulberry paper and bring it back in fashion.
here is another layout for Down Under Direct, I have used the Anemone flower die, I think it so looks like
a water lily, I have used it in another project which will pop up on my blog later next month. I have also
incorporated a prima flower, so you can see that it is possible to make flowers that look store bought. The title is
pink paislee mistables, i have used them a few times, with really good results. The other flower, is made with lacey motifs just glimmer mist them to add a bit of colour.
the photo is of my daughter and her best friend, remember the days !!
Paper Artist, I have been an artist of some sort or another all my life, with formal training at Art College. Cardmaking, scrapbooking and papercraft have now become my format for atistic expression for almost 20 years now.