Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Friday, November 11, 2011

santa's helpers

This week I have made heaps of headway in my christmas plans, little things like buying paper plates and serviettes, I like to get the boring stuff done and out of the way, so I can work on the fun stuff, as christmas comes closer.

This page for Down Under Inspirations, uses just blue and white cardstock, and some of the really neat snowflake dies, I admit I am addicted to snowflake dies and punches, I have just about all of them, there is something about their unique shape that I love. Shame we don't have them here, snow that is not the dies lol. I have used a black and white photo, it is a little trick to remember, if your photo does not match or sit well with the colours you want to use, just get it printed in black and white or sepia. I like this one because, once the colour is gone, you notice the spots of light and bling better! Another thing I have done in this layout is sand the edges of the photo, which a lot of people do, but I like to sand it on concrete (that's right) the pebble concrete on our driveway gives a flaky spotted effect on the edges just like snow. It is the same principle as rubbings. Just place the photo on the concrete and gently sand the edge, move it around if you want more white flaky bits!
Well I am off to do a class, and yet more christmas preparations.

No comments:

Post a Comment