Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Friday, November 18, 2011

christmas banner

I just love this project, it is actually longer and says Merry Christmas but I could fit it in the photo, and I am going to hang it up at Christmas time. I have used the Spellbinders pennants and lacey pennants dies, they may not be your first choice to buy, but they have really proved very versatile. I know many of my students are going to make this with names on them for their friends and nieces etc for a gift, such a lovely idea for a quick gift any time of year.
I have backed my patterned paper with thin chip board, cereal boxes are ideal as they are not too thick, but support the paper so it will last much longer and not bend or crumple. I also have the chip letters on both sides, but you could have them on only one if you were hanging it against the wall. In my sample I have used scrap patterned papers, but you could buy colours that suit the person you are giving it to if you want to. I will be teaching this as one of my last classes at Paper Trenz, and it is almost booked out.

No comments:

Post a Comment