Welcome to my Blog

Welcome everyone, I hope to inspire you and share some of my papercraft work. You can find out where I teach and what I am up to, what inspires me and what I am working on next. I love to share new ideas and neat ways of adding creativity to your pages or cards etc

my blog

Saturday, July 9, 2011

outdoor life


This is my latest page for Down Under Inspirations.(see their blog too) Here i have used Bleach to alter the appearance of the cardstock, it looks almost textured with some of the colour bleached out
Then I have made a fence from cardstock and distress inks, and layered over that lots of Spellbinders Foliage leaves and butterflies etc. I love using the Elegant posts in the corners of my photos for added impact, what I like here is the photo disappears into the leaves and you cant tell where the photo begins, it is as if it is growing out of the leaves. Adding to the texture I have included a hessian bow, feathers and fibre stuff, from the florist, I dont know what it is called but it is like nesting fibres, really cool as you can get in lots of colours. Brads and stitching my new favourite thing again, have added more to the texture and dimension of the page. For the circle at the back I have spritzed cream cardstock with green and brown glimmer mists, after I have scrunched and wet the paper, and dried it off. The glimmer mist then seems to sink into the creases more and make neat lines. This makes a really subtle patterned paper from plain cardstock...the other thing I like about the page is that it is masculine, I love doing flowers and pretty stuff, but you have to do pages for the boys too .....

No comments:

Post a Comment